My Iraqi Saga

On Oct 1st, 2005 I got a letter in the mail. After 3 1/2 years out of the Army National Guard they called me back up. I had to report Oct. 30th. This is my journal from the day I reported. Hope you like it. If anyone would like to send me mail my address is: SPC Sanning, Stacy M.*next line*MNF-I STRATEFF(Press Desk)*next line*APO-AE 09316

1.03.2006

A contest...kind of...

I bought a shoulder holster from a little shop at the Al Rasheed Hotel here. It makes me laugh every time I see it because it reminds me of a 3 year old's cowboy Halloween costume. It's black suede with white stitching and I swear when I get back to the States I'm going to Wal-Mart to find boots and a hat to match. I just know they'll have them! So here's the contest with no real prize: Try to come up with a nickname or something I can get embroidered on this thing. I need something I can get stitched on there in old Wild West style cursive...it would totally make this holster the funniest thing ever! So if you have any ideas, please let me know. Oh yeah! As if this holster weren't gaudy enough...my friend Chris was walking with me today and looked at my holster funny. He looked up with this incredulous look and said, "You bought a Phat Farm holster?" Apparently, the little brass snap buttons have the Phat Farm logo on them!! For anyone who's lost right now, Phat Farm is an urban/hip-hop style clothing line, which makes a Phat Farm holster completely ridiculous! I think, just like the stuff you find in Mexico, a lot of things here are counterfeit, my holster being one of those things. Ok, enough info. Now start brainstorming! Please?

9 Comments:

At 10:15 AM, Blogger I was there.. said...

Hey, what do you think about "Tigress"

I was there...

 
At 10:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, only half of that comment went up on the board.. weird.. I meant to say "You Gots to have somethin to carry yo' gat wit'!"

 
At 5:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Stacy-what about something like "I'd rather be fishing?". Not fishing but something that fits you. Maybe "I'd rather be raving"? So you finished 100 years of solitude? I gave you that book didn't I, or did I let you borrow it? Gabriel Garcia Marquez is a great writer from Colombia, you should read more of his writings! He is Rafael's favorite. Hey "I'd rather be reading"!

Leo really enjoyed talking to you. When I tell you that everybody asks about you, with concern, I was not lying. We miss you, and don't forget to duck-or goose! Hey I have kids, what do you expect.

Jen

 
At 8:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's a few more for you Sam.

Medium Pimpin'-your phat farm knock off

My pretty Pony holster-They're not just for carring guns!!!

*Funkadelic* -not really a name but it would look cool on that black suede

Bad @ss Mother F#&ker- Which holster is your holster? It's the one that says "Bad @ss Mother F#&ker"!

Red Ryder-You'll Shoot your eye out!!

Peace Keeper or Widow Maker- Like when you name a teacup poodle "Butch" or "Killer"

Here's the last one how about "My other holster is a porche"?

Good luck out there. Keep your head down,
Ryan

 
At 1:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mind if I read?

www.livejournal.com/users/john_of_arabia

 
At 1:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stace I think haven a hiphop holster fits you well. All you need now is a grill in your teeth. . .bling, bling!!
chris

 
At 10:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"you shouldn't judge a man by the hair on his butt"

maybe its too long, but what a conversation piece!

hope all is well
bret

 
At 2:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, I didn't realize that I had the same holster as you until you pointed it out the other day. I can't wear it anymore after your comment that it looks like a "3 year old's cowboy Halloween costume" Now I gotta go buy another one. Thanks.

Longoria

 
At 12:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I think you should go with the Phat Farm slogan, "Classic American Flava". Now that would be good!

Longoria

 

Post a Comment

<< Home