My Iraqi Saga

On Oct 1st, 2005 I got a letter in the mail. After 3 1/2 years out of the Army National Guard they called me back up. I had to report Oct. 30th. This is my journal from the day I reported. Hope you like it. If anyone would like to send me mail my address is: SPC Sanning, Stacy M.*next line*MNF-I STRATEFF(Press Desk)*next line*APO-AE 09316

1.08.2006

Finally, a day off!!

Yayy!! I got my first real day off yesterday! I say real because I got Christmas off but so did all the E-4 mafia. And I had Saturday off last week but I spent most of it at the range, which is cool but I didn't get to relax really. I made the most of yesterday. Even though it poured rain most of the day. And even though I still had to go to a General's briefing at 6pm. Ok, let me go off on a tangent here...why on Earth would a General give a weekly briefing to a group of 40 or less?? It seems like such a waste. And I really don't think we should have to attend if it's our day off, that's just ridiculous. You end up spending a half hour getting back in uniform, spend an hour at the brief, then it seems like your day is over. It's just silly. Our 1SG told us to ask the General if we have to go on our day off and whatever he says goes. Haha!! Joke's on him, he didn't think we'd do it, I totally will! What have I got to lose? This isn't my career by any means, as soon as this year is up I'm back out of the Army again. It's sweet. Anyway, so yesterday...
It really did rain cats and dogs. No good thunder or lightning like back home but I really like the way the rain sounds coming down on my trailer roof. Everywhere I went I had my pants rolled up into Capri’s. I got so soaked, it was great. I went with my friend Tashina (SPC Venters in my unit) to lunch and to the PX. We met my friend Bill (civilian Blackwater PSD) at the palace then I proceeded to be a lazy ass and watch movies till 6 when I had to go to the brief. After all that and dinner we all went over to Longoria and Tripplett's hooch and played Tiger Woods Golf all night. It was so nice not to have to do anything. Oh, and I about died when I got to Longoria's and saw his holster...he has the same one I do!!! It was awesome, I told him about the contest them made fun of him for having a girl holster. So he called me Huck Finn for having my pants rolled up. Good stuff. That's all for now, see ya'll! (Sorry, I know this one was a bit random!)

3 Comments:

At 5:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey you. its good to hear you're gettin some unwind time. yeah the whole holster thing is hard to believe what kind of a unit issues you a pistol but no holster. you shoulda stuck it in your waistband like one of those cheesey cops on tv, or put it in your cargo pocket. just to make a point.
rach told me about your conversation on yahoo the other night. send me an email some time we'll talk more about it. rach says i can't talk to her about it anymore until we're both in the same room again. can't say as i blame her a bit for it.
take care lady, keep up the good work. stay safe & come home soon.

 
At 6:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Suck it up and attend the man's brief - let him do his job. How humiliating it would be to have someone whine about why they have to attend on their day off. You still get paid for the day regardless. When you are in the military you don't really have a day 'off.' Remember why you are over there, you might just learn something from the brief!

 
At 7:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I get ladies to huck finn their pants all the time at the spa but only cuz if they didnt their pants would get wet while theyre gettn their pedicure. Do yourself a favor and keep havn fun. if you could get away with it you should play hooky on the days you have a brief. F. . the brief!!!

keep it lite,
Chris

 

Post a Comment

<< Home