My Iraqi Saga

On Oct 1st, 2005 I got a letter in the mail. After 3 1/2 years out of the Army National Guard they called me back up. I had to report Oct. 30th. This is my journal from the day I reported. Hope you like it. If anyone would like to send me mail my address is: SPC Sanning, Stacy M.*next line*MNF-I STRATEFF(Press Desk)*next line*APO-AE 09316

10.02.2006

Dude, I am sooo close to done!!

It just hit me this morning that I have so little time left here in Iraq! It doesn't seem real. I can't believe that soon I'll never hear another loud boom and think someone just got hurt. I'll never see another moped with 3 adults precariously perched on top weaving down a street. No more wild goat herds wandering across a highway. Not a single more wrecked palace. Humvees with young boys in the gunner's hatch will be a thing of the past. It's crazy to think about but it will be sooo nice. I'll come home and resume my normal relaxed life. Life is gonna be so good.

3 Comments:

At 7:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SAM!!! Wow, I'm really happy that I found you. It's your old pal, Matt Gillespie. I've been looking for you for a while now, and lo and behold - here you are!

So, drop me a line if you would... I can't find your email anywhere, but drop me a line. mgillespie@socket.net.

I hope all is well in your life. I've found a really sweet gal. Much love.

 
At 6:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Stacy,

Trevor's Dad here. I've enjoyed following your blog over the past year. Especially after you became famous with the BBC interview! :-)

Yeah, your laid back, take it as it comes attitude makes your blog fun reading. (I'm thinking of how you dealt with your cell phone priveleges and then the lack thereof.)

I wish you the very best in college and hope life in the States will indeed "be so good".

God bless,
Harley

Www.pms01.com is my business site.

 
At 12:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait for you to get back to the Super-Size, All-You-Can-Eat, Free Nights and Weekends that is the Great United States of America way of Life!!! We're waitin for you! Until then Safe Journey.

-Ryan

P.S. Elvis says "Hi"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home