My Iraqi Saga

On Oct 1st, 2005 I got a letter in the mail. After 3 1/2 years out of the Army National Guard they called me back up. I had to report Oct. 30th. This is my journal from the day I reported. Hope you like it. If anyone would like to send me mail my address is: SPC Sanning, Stacy M.*next line*MNF-I STRATEFF(Press Desk)*next line*APO-AE 09316

5.18.2006

Chess anyone?


Heya, I may not have mentioned this before but…I learned how to play chess!! On the way back to Iraq from our leave in Ireland SPC Rzepka taught me how to play. I have to take a minute to explain what a big deal that is. My dad tried to teach me in high school and I didn’t really understand. My good friend Seth tried to teach me a couple years ago and it didn’t stick then either. When Zep taught me how to play he was super patient, repeated the rules for me over and over again, and didn’t seem to mind that I asked about a million questions. Now we play pretty often and it’s a lot of fun. I’ve even gotten to the point where I can beat him occasionally and I keep learning from him. A couple weeks ago we were playing chess outside by the pool and someone snapped this picture, I think it might have been LT Lunato. It looks like this game isn’t going in my favor but I did have a good time losing! Just thought I’d share. Miss you all!

2 Comments:

At 5:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new job, I am glad you feel that what you are doing is important and beneficial!-Los Polos

 
At 8:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stacy,

Try googling, "Fools Mate" and "Chess" on an advanced search. You may beat Zep in about four moves!

Harley
Charlotte, NC

 

Post a Comment

<< Home