My Iraqi Saga

On Oct 1st, 2005 I got a letter in the mail. After 3 1/2 years out of the Army National Guard they called me back up. I had to report Oct. 30th. This is my journal from the day I reported. Hope you like it. If anyone would like to send me mail my address is: SPC Sanning, Stacy M.*next line*MNF-I STRATEFF(Press Desk)*next line*APO-AE 09316

1.27.2006

Superwoman!!!


Hehehe…I’m such a dork…in case you didn’t already know! Our friend Salinas came back from leave and he was hanging out last night for the first time since getting back. He is a total goober and has a complete Superman uniform he likes to put at random and it cracks us up. Well, we wanted to show him how much he was missed and wanted to something with the Superman thing. Yesterday I printed off a bunch of Superman logos that we taped to our shirts so when he walked in it was the first thing he’d see…haha, fun, fun. We had our little laugh and I decided I was hungry and started to head to midnight chow with my buddy Triplett. I almost forgot I had the Superman logo on! I went to take it off and was asked why…they bet me I wouldn’t wear it into the chow hall…dummies! I didn’t care a bit. Trip and I walk in, everyone stares, Trip laughed at himself because he couldn’t understand why they were staring. It was a total Homer Simpson moment, doh! You could see when he remembered the Superman logo. So all through the line the Peruvian guards are giving me crap…”Superwoman…hey Supergirl, what’s up…” The guys at our table had a little laugh and I had to explain it was a joke, just for fun. As we leave one of the Peruvian guards at our table looks up at me with a puppy dog face and say, “Superwoman…save me?!” I busted up laughing! We couldn’t keep a straight face till we got outside! Ah, it was great to be so silly/stupid for a minute! Anyway, here’s a new picture…sorry, I still don’t have a digital camera of my own so I have to wait until other people take pics of me. Mom, you’re checking out cameras for me, right?

4 Comments:

At 6:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stacy, that's what you should embroider on your holster-the Superwoman logo!

Jen

 
At 10:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is good to see a sense of humor. I just back after a year in country and the funny thing is the siily stuff is what I remember most. Great medicine. Stay safe.

SSG L

 
At 1:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

way to show 'em stace. I think youre thuper too. ha ha
chris.

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger None said...

Here is a follow up to your "Hooha Abuse" post.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/02/02/defining.hooah.ap/index.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home