My Iraqi Saga

On Oct 1st, 2005 I got a letter in the mail. After 3 1/2 years out of the Army National Guard they called me back up. I had to report Oct. 30th. This is my journal from the day I reported. Hope you like it. If anyone would like to send me mail my address is: SPC Sanning, Stacy M.*next line*MNF-I STRATEFF(Press Desk)*next line*APO-AE 09316

1.26.2006

I sleep right through this stuff!

Oh!! I almost forgot! Guess what happened this morning? We got freaking mortared! From what people told me we took 5 incoming mortars around 7 am over by the PX...I don't think anyone was hurt, thank goodness. I slept right through it somehow?! I got a phone call and woke up in a daze.
"Hullo?"
"Hey, are you ok?"
"Yup...who IS this?"
"Oh, uh, SGT Lowry."
"Oh, ok, yeah, I'm sleeping. Bye"

And I zonked again until 10am when I had to actually get up for work. It makes me worry a little that if the stuff was really hitting the fan...would I even know it? Or would I sleep right through it until stuff was sooo close I couldn't get away? You know, our roofs on our trailers have already been proven not to stand up to stray bullets crashing through them. Ha! Plus, our roof is falling in! Oh, forgot to mention that too...it rained hardcore the last couple nights and it's caving in my roof. Water is leaking in all over the floor near our bathroom. So I guess I should put in a work order for it huh? Ok, that went way longer than I thought it would so good night all...sweet dreams and all that jazz!

1 Comments:

At 5:44 AM, Blogger None said...

If I wasn't already awake, I would have slept through them, too. At least you had someone check on you. No one cares about me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home