My Iraqi Saga

On Oct 1st, 2005 I got a letter in the mail. After 3 1/2 years out of the Army National Guard they called me back up. I had to report Oct. 30th. This is my journal from the day I reported. Hope you like it. If anyone would like to send me mail my address is: SPC Sanning, Stacy M.*next line*MNF-I STRATEFF(Press Desk)*next line*APO-AE 09316

11.02.2006

Home Sweet Home

Ok, I feel really bad because I've been home for a little while already and am just now updating my blog. I really wanted to take some time to start feeling normal again before I told everyone I was home. Selfish I know, but I couldn't help it. Things have been great so far. My Grandma picked me up in Indiana and I got to visit some family down there before we drove to Missouri. I'm at my parents' house now and they've been just great. I know some families have big homecoming expectations for them...my folks have been laidback about everything and I can't tell you how happy that makes me. I've been able to take things slowly and ease back into life. Oh, and their hot tub helps quite a bit as well! The weather seems extra cold and it was definitely a culture shock going to the grocery store for the first time. All those choices, it was sooo nice. I've been calling friends, one at a time. I still feel a little weird around people, I'm sure that will just take some getting used to. Anyway, I should be really close to done with this blog but be on the lookout at www.stacyincollege.blogspot.com cause I start school in January and I'm going to keep writing. Thank you to everyone for listening!

3 Comments:

At 2:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found your blog on MilBlogging.com and finished up reading from the beginning. You've done a great job and I hope all the best for you. I wish more people would read the blogs of our men and women in the service. It's so hard to explain things to my friends and family about life in the military and particularly life on deployment.

I'm especially impressed with your story. Most of the people I've known would have been extremely bitter about being called back to duty. I recently retired after 20+ years of active, reserve and national guard service. I know they can call me back at anytime (although I'm not sure what they would do with a broken down E-6) but my friends don't understand that I'm totally cool with it.

Welcome home and thanks for sharing your stories with us.

Tim, SSG, AZANG Retired
Tucson, AZ

 
At 5:53 PM, Blogger Trevor said...

Heard you and Zep got married. Congrats! Let me know if you need anything, anytime.

Trevor (Sgt. S)

 
At 2:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI Stacy,

I hope I have the right Stacy Sanning, the one that lived in Yuma and used to be one of my closest friends. If not, sorry to bug you. If it is you, damn write me at whurtado@yumaed.org!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home